2014 04 febr theial

The Divine Liturgy was celebrated at the occupied village of Trachoni, at the church of Holy Virgin, on Sunday the 2 of September 2014 and after 40 years from the Turkish invasion.

The church which is of the 14th century was recently maintained by the Technical Commission for the Cultural Heritage with the funding of the European Union and with the support of the Development Program of the United Nation ‘’Partnership for the Future’’. The works of maintenance ended on 11 December 2014.

The Divine Liturgy was celebrated by His Grace Bishop Porfyrios of Neapolis in the presence of hundred of faithful people in the vast majority refuges from the village of Trachoni. They were also present the ambassadors of Slovakia and Sweden, the members of the commission for cultural heritage, representatives of the Moufti of Cyprus and the Armenian Archbishop of Cyprus.

In his short speech His Grace Bishop Porfyrios of Neapolis stressed the importance of this effort as a part for the reconciliation and the reuniting of the people of Cyprus. He also thanked all those that contributed in their way for the maintenance as well as the aid provided for the celebration of the Divine Liturgy.

2014 04 febr theialp2

2014 04 febr theialp3

VIDEO

 

Contact

Address:
Square Ambiorix 2
1000 Brussels
Belgium

E-mail: info@churchofcypruseu.com
Tel: +32 2 6124190
Fax: +32 2 6124191